113 EAST MARKET STREET - WASHINGTON COURT HOUSE, OH 43160
Ph 740.335.6170 ~ FAX 740.333.3589 ~ Annex 740.333.3504 ~ Jail 740.333.3783
* Present your completed application, Certificate of Competency (or documentation of equivalent experience),
and passport-sized color photo.
* Present a valid photo I.D., such as your driver's license.
* Pass a criminal background check and mental competency check.
* Submit to having your fingerprints electronically scanned or inked and rolled onto a card.
* Attest that you have read the Attorney General's pamphlet on Ohio's concealed carry laws.
* Pay a non-refundable fee by cash, money order, or certified check made payable to your sheriff's office.
The fee is $67.00 if you have been an Ohio resident for more than five years, $77.00 if less than five years, and
a renewal license is $50.00.
Please try to bring exact cash with you the day you apply. No personal checks or credit cards will be accepted.
* Do NOT bring a firearm with you when applying for or picking up your license.
* If you have ever been prohibited from having a weapon under ORC Section 2923.125,
you must provide court documentation granting relief for disability.
(c) 1998 - 2008 Fayette County Sheriff's Office - All rights reserved
Background image is copyrighted by Buckeye State Sheriff's Association. Used with permission