Concealed Carry Permits
Note: These are done by appointment only until further notice. Call 740-333-3504 to schedule.
Payable by cash-exact change only, money order, or bank cashier’s check to the Fayette County Sheriff’s Office. No personal checks and no credit card payments accepted.
- $67 - if you’ve been an Ohio resident more than five years
- $77 - if you’ve been an Ohio resident less than five years
- $50 - for renewal license
Information on the Application Process & Requirements
- You must be 21 years of age
- Must be an Ohio resident for at least 45 days
- Must be a resident of your home county for at least 30 days
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and mental competency check
- Must submit to having your fingerprints electronically scanned or inked and rolled onto a card if necessary
- Must Attest you have read the Attorney General’s pamphlet on Ohio concealed carry laws
- Complete the required 8-hour course to obtain a certificate of competency (Your certificate of competency must be no more than 3 years old to qualify and your concealed handgun license will be proof of training for the renewal.) You may also present documentation to prove you are active or reserve U.S. Military, honorably discharged from the U.S. Military with firearm training, or you are retired (within 10 years) law enforcement with experience equivalent to the training requirements
- Complete the application, they can be picked up or you can download the application (PDF) from the Ohio Attorney General’s website
- Have a passport-sized (2 inch by 2 inch) color photo taken within 30 days of your application date
- Bring everything to the Annex Building during one of the designated days/times; no appointment is required
If you have ever been prohibited from having a weapon under ORC Section 2923.125 you must provide court documentation granting relief for disability.